Sunday 11 March 2018

Remembering Kevin Hewson



I was very sorry to hear the news of Kevin Hewson’s death a few weeks ago on 22nd Feb.


I met Kevin when he applied to be a board member at youth charity Foyer Federation in 2014, enjoying the first of many fascinating conversations together on the topics of asset-based innovation and management.  Kevin had such an engaging mind for ideas, razor sharp in perception, always able to exchange wise insights.  While he made light of his professional experience from the world of banking, one never mistook his determination and ability to help good things happen.

I quickly realised that Kevin had a gift for seeing things that others missed.  Most of all, he could understand people’s potential as well as their challenges, and cared deeply about the impact that decisions made on people’s lives and work.  Those qualities made him a valuable trustee and friend.

I certainly benefited from Kevin's support during my final months at Foyer Federation, not least at my farewell party in 2015 from which the above photograph comes.   Kevin always took time to stay in touch afterwards.  He is someone who will remain in my heart with great affection and respect.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Colin. I had no idea that Kevin had passed away but I too remember fondly our Foyer Board days. Sad news indeed. All the best, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete